Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Neighbor

I was driving by my neighbors house when I spotted Bob in the front. Since Bob likes to take pictures of us and our house,
especially when we are getting work done (I don't know why) I figured I'd take a couple of shots of him. Here's the result:

bob

Then I noticed a certain resemblance to this popular guy.

wimpy

Without the hamburgers of course.

Actually Bob is a good guy, a great neighbor and a good friend. We spend lots of quality minutes getting caught up on the gossip in our hood as I am driving by. When I used to be able to work in the yard, Bob would come over all the time and spend hours telling how to do this or that. He always made sure I stopped what I was doing so he could impart his wonderful wisdom and advice. No matter how long it took or how much of a hurry I was in to get the job done. I've never had a kinder foreman. If I missed a spot he would cheerfully point it out to me. Never had a cross word for me even if I got hurt or made some kind of stupid mistake always a kind chuckle or a great belly laff. What a guy!

No comments: